Tekes’ – the Finnish Funding Agency for Innovation – 5thGear programme aims to solve challenges related to the next generation wireless data communications, the creation of new business, and rocketing Finland as the leading target for international investments.
- Finland to be the innovation leader in digitalization and to attract international investments by means of wireless communications excellence.
- Piloting and demonstration driven world-class 5G research
- Cross-industry collaboration, innovation and utilization
- Global competiveness, new business opportunities and international investments
Other 5thGear objectives:
- Intended for companies and research institutes, 5thGear will involve developing energy-efficient solutions that adapt to various needs. These will offer faster, safer and more reliable connections to consumers as well as enabling technologies to companies.
- Examples include millimeter wave technologies, software defined networks and the management of heterogeneous network solutions.
- The total budget for the five-year programme is appr. EUR 100 million, of which Tekes funds appr. EUR 50 million.
Visit Tekes’ 5thGear programme website for more information.