Business Finland’s 5thGear programme aims to solve challenges related to the next generation wireless data communications, the creation of new business, and rocketing Finland as the leading target for international investments.
- Finland to be the innovation leader in digitalization and to attract international investments by means of wireless communications excellence.
- Piloting and demonstration driven world-class 5G research
- Cross-industry collaboration, innovation and utilization
- Global competiveness, new business opportunities and international investments
Other 5thGear objectives:
- Intended for companies and research institutes, 5thGear will involve developing energy-efficient solutions that adapt to various needs. These will offer faster, safer and more reliable connections to consumers as well as enabling technologies to companies.
- Examples include millimeter wave technologies, software defined networks and the management of heterogeneous network solutions.
- The total budget for the five-year programme is around EUR 100 million, of which Business Finland funds approximately EUR 50 million.
Visit Business Finland’s 5thGear programme website for more information.